If you need some cosy time all by yourself, and looking for somewhere unique to stay for a night or more, boutique hotels in Malaysia offer you more than an accommodation. You will get extra nice decoration, extra services plus extra experience.
Today, boutique hotels – normally a cosy-signature accommodation with less than 100 rooms – are mushrooming with variable themes and decors. For our 20 SPECIAL picks this month, we give you some of the popular choices from many states of Malaysia.
1. AMBONG-AMBONG, Langkawi (www.ambong-ambong.com) The Travellers’ Choice 2019 Winner outshines the most in the mystical island of Langkawi. Ambong-Ambong Rainforest Retreat is rainforest accommodation of boutique resort perched on a slope, overlooking the sea and islands of Langkawi offers great Japanese restaurant and highly rated massage services.
2. THE RITZ CARLTON, Langkawi (www.ritzcarlton.com/Langkawi) With unique traditional architecture and services, The Ritz Carlton Langkawi has it all – 90 luxurious guest rooms and suites and 29 pool villas, three swimming pools, a locally inspired spa, three dining outlets, two ocean front bars and lounges, and both indoor and outdoor wedding venues.
3. MAJESTIC, Melaka (www.majesticmalacca.com) The heart of the hotel is a restored 1920s Straits Settlement mansion complete with its original porcelain tile flooring and teakwood fittings. It has been extended to house the guest rooms and suites as well as an award-winning spa that is a reflection of that era, melding luxury, modernity and tradition. (source www.ytlhotels.com)
4. ESTADIA, Melaka (www.estadiahotel.com) Estadia By Hatten is perhaps the best Baba Nyonya-themed hotel in Melaka. It is located in the center of Melaka City and the interior of the hotel is tastefully done up based on Baba Nyonya style. There are a Nyonya restaurant a pub located beside the hotel lobby the Nyonya foods are fantastic (review in tripadvisor.com).
5. SEVEN TERRACES, Penang (https://www.georgetownheritage.com/seven-terraces-hotel) Winner of the 2007 UNESCO Award of Distinction for heritage conservation and regular Conde Naste Hot List nominees, It successfully captures and celebrates the spirit of this world heritage town and its unique peranakan culture. Pure beauty!
6. CHEONG FATT TZE, Penang (www.cheongfatttzemansion.com) The majestic boutique hotel rooms are tucked within the tranquil tropical courtyards of The Blue Mansion. Each of the 18 personalized boutique rooms are uniquely adorned and intricately furnished, taking you back into Penang’s glorious history in the exclusive rooms, invigorating jacuzzi and authentic furniture of the 19th century.
7. YENG KENG HOTEL, Penang (www.yengkenghotel.com) Yeng Keng Hotel is a restored 19th century building, with only 20 rooms that is located in George Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Penang. It offers an outdoor pool, a restaurant and free Wi-Fi with splendid decor.
8. MARRIOT MULU, Miri, Sarawak (www.marriot.com) Nestled amongst the natural and lush greenery of the rainforests near the border between Malaysia and Brunei, Mulu Marriott Resort is located on Melinau Paku River in Miri. With well-designed rooms and suites, the resort offers guests with beautiful views of the tropical rainforest and river.
9. RANEE B SUITE, Kuching, Sarawak (www. theranee.com). The Ranee Boutique Suites is located in the heart of Kuching, a 1-minute walk from Kuching Waterfront and China Street. This stylish boutique hotel provides free WiFi throughout the building.
10. VILLA MOLEK, Langkawi (www.villamolek.com). As you step into Villa Molek you are greeted by 12 charming and beautifully designed private villa studios, each resembles a complete home. Its superb location and quiet elegance makes it a favourite among travellers looking for total relaxation, writes www.tripadvisor.com
11. PANJI-PANJI TROPICAL WOODEN HOME, Langkawi (www.panjipanji.com). Enjoy the comforts of a sea frontage tropical wooden Malay house. A home situated next to the Cenang river and the local fishermen’s pier, and is only minutes away from the famous Cenang Beach. A perfect place to enjoy the sunset and relax (from booking.com).
12. VIVANTA by TAJ-REBAK MARINA, Langkawi (www.vivantahotels-com) Staying at Rebak Island is akin to being on a private island surrounded on all sides by the turquoise Andaman Sea. Secluded beaches, vibrant jungles, and beautiful rock formations that spread across 390 acres, make Rebak Island a tropical paradise. (source www.tajhotels.co.uk)
13. TANJUNG JARA, Terengganu (www.tanjongjararesort.com) Offering accommodation inspired by the majestic 17th century Malay palaces, Tanjong Jara boasts 2 outdoor pools and an award-winning spa. It features 3 dining options with South China Sea views.
14. VILLA SAMADHI, Kuala Lumpur (www.villasamadhi.com.my) A garden resort within Kuala Lumpur City, the 5-star Villa Samadhi Kuala Lumpur – By Samadhi provides luxurious Asian-inspired rooms with free WiFi and thatched roofs. An outdoor lagoon pool weaves through the resort and connects all rooms.
15. ROSA, Melaka (www.rosa.com.my) This hotel screams nothing but an industrial-concept marvel. Bare bricks, cement walls, and wooden floor panels make up most of the hotel’s interior which is further complimented with tonnes of fun and timeless deco. Such a photo haven for Instagram addicts! (from www.rojakdaily.com)
16. TIMEZ, Melaka (www.timezhotel.com) The hotel is literally a melting pot of culture as it incorporates five cultures in its design – Chinese, Peranakan, Dutch, Portuguese, and British but with a modern twist.
17. TOOJOU, Kota Kinabalu (www.toojou.com) Chic and trendy, Toojou is a new breed of hotel, and a melting pot for ‘nomads, wanderlusters, and socialites. From affordable cosy rooms to ergonomic work spaces to a funky rooftop bar, there is something for everyone here… This is where travel meets social.’ (photo by agoda.com)
18. BLISS BOUTIQUE, Johor Bharu (www.blissboutiquehotel.com) Not all boutique hotels charge exorbitant rates, some are value-for-money and offer high rated services. Bliss Boutique Hotel falls into this category, adorned with artistic and flamboyant touches. This Art Deco hotel is totally colourful and chic!
19. M BOUTIQUE HOTEL, Ipoh (https://ipoh.mboutiquehotels.com) Featuring stark contrasting monochromatic furnishings, this unique hotel takes its inspiration from jazz bars of the past. Black chandeliers, monkey cages, and rustic grey furniture adorn the rooms and communal areas, lending it a stark yet classy vibe (source www.smartlocal.com)
20. JAPAMALA RESORT, Tioman(www.japamalaresorts.com) JapaMala is Tioman Island’s only boutique resort, and one-of-a-kind in Malaysia. This small and exclusive resort of 13 rooms is hidden amidst 11 acres of lush tropical rainforest. A one-village-one-resort property, JapaMala has its own private and quiet beach. Rated highly in www.tripadvisor.com.my
Article source: http://blog.tourism.gov.my/feed/